Reading After Dark

Reading After Dark

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Dark Lover by JR Ward




Synopsis:  In the Shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers.  There exists a secret band of brothers like  no other--six vampire warriors, defenders of their race.  Yet none of them relishes killing their enemies more than Wrath, the leader of the Black Dagger Brotherhood...

The only purebred vampire left on the planet, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago.  But when one of his most trusted fighters is killed--orphaning a half breed daughter unaware of her heritage or her fate--Wrath must usher the beautiful female into the world of the undead...

Racked by a restlessness in her boy that wasn't there before, Beth Randall is helpless against the dangerously sexy man who comes to her at night with shadows in his eyes.  His tales of brotherhood and blood frighten her.  But his touch ignites a dawning hunger that threatens to consume them both...

My 2 cents:  It has taken me a long time to start this series, because I'm not normally into graphic romance novels.  I finally took everyone's advice and gave it a go.  And I loved it!  The characters are so strong and interesting, the plot just sucked me in, and the secret Vampire World JR Ward creates is fantastic! I give it 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as I can!