Reading After Dark

Reading After Dark

Friday, February 22, 2013

The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen


Goodreads
316 pages, NA Contemporary Romance
The Secret #1
**Mature content
My rating: 4.5 stars

Synopsis


Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.

Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. 

Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.

Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes. 

(New Adult Contemporary)
*Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.


My 2 cents


I really wish I would have had a boy like Micha living next door to me growing up!  He is so HOT and smexy!  Well, a girl can dream anyways!  I loved this story, and I'm finding it hard to find anything to really criticize about the novel.  If you like hot, edgy romances, this is a good find!


I loved both Ella and Micha.  The story was told as a dual POV, which I really liked, so we could get inside both of their heads.  Normally in these kind of stories, the girls always drive me crazy.  The guy is pretty obvious in how he feels, and does everything for them, but they are too scared to act on it.  But not in this case.  I really was able to relate to Ella, and understand why she acted the way she did.  I think the only thing I would have liked more of was Ella coming to terms with her relationship with her father.  Maybe in the sequel!


This was a little bit of a coming of age story, for both characters. But it was also definitely a romance!  There were plenty of spicy hot, almost sex scenes, and tons of flirting!  But it wasn't a light and fluffly read at all.  I would compare it a little to Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry.  It wasn't quite as dark, but it had the same vibe!  


So now I'm going to have to read all of Jessica Sorensen's books!  I have several waiting for me on my Nook!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as I can!